
=0=0=0=
Queen Elizabeth II
April 21, 1926 - September 8, 2022
=0=0=0=
Confession: I am a confirmed, committed, card-carrying anglophile.
It probably comes from immersion in the books of British authors and poets -- such as the Brontës and the Brownings, among many others -- and also being a fervent cinephile, from childhood to the present day.
I have for many years been particularly fond of Queen Elizabeth II. In fact I believe that I love her.
Notice I did not put that in the past tense, although yesterday she passed into history.
I will always love her.
How can you not love someone who (I heard) ate a jam sandwich every day of her life?
And went around encrusted in fabulous jewels, and made it look like just another day that ends in y?
Also, I am directly descended from denizens of the United Kingdom, going all the way back as far as you're willing to go.
Roots.
At any rate, I will miss Queen Elizabeth the Second. I will miss her every single day.

God bless the memory of a wise and gracious lady, the likes of whom the world will not see again.
And that is all for now.
=0=0=0=
Happy Friday :: Happy Weekend

No comments:
Post a Comment